Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Artistry: Global Art of Mixing

2nd October



The final Artistry event for 2009 was held at Quattro, Avenue K. Although the venue was smaller than the previous one in Bukit Kiara, this time it's more special for me coz I'm here as an Official Photographer. Yeah baby....


As always, Artistry is about mixing together beautiful people, great music, amazing party and of course, Hennessy...






As the Official Photographer, I get to take unlimited pictures of the beautiful girls; all in the name of work...














Our host for the evening...


The main highlights for Artistry are the artiste that performed during each event. Before the show started, the crowd had already gathered in front of the stage. I only managed to squeeze in at the right side of the stage, getting all sideways shots of the performers..

Up first is Hsiao Hung Jen. He may be a newcomer from Taiwan but he is quite impressive; having worked with some big names in Taiwan such as F.I.R.'s guitarist/keyboardist Ian Chen and pop prince Jay Chou.






Next was Paul Freeman. Another unknown for me but after watching him played live, I believed the story that the legendary Clive Davis signed him on the strength of his demo EP and a transcendent live audition. This guy has so much energy on stage..






"I want my money back.... I want my money back...." the adorable Lenka..






Main act for the night: Boys Like Girls


Despite some technical problems with the mike and the sound system, the boys braved on and put on one heck of a show..


Bryan having a drink midway through the set.. the crowd was so worked up one of them asked for his glass after he was done...


Midway during the last song "Great Escape", Martin made his way up to the DJ deck and proceeded to do a crowd surf..

PS: Heard 1 unlucky photographer had his flash hotshoe broken when Martin landed on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment