Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Full of hot air

20th March

The 2nd Putrajaya Hot Air Balloon festival was held from 18th to 21st March. Compared to the 1st edition, this time the event was super packed. Last year I had no problem finding a parking spot and moving around the event ground. This year the traffic, parking and the crowd was frightening. While looking for a place to park, somehow I ended up under the bridge, overlooking the event ground from across the river.



I decided to stay at the spot and avoid going over to the event area. Not in the mood to get crushed that day..



From the spot, I was able to use the Gov. buildings as a backdrop against the large balloon, which I thought was interesting compared to the dull, white and hazy sky

At about 5.30pm, the balloon started taking off. To my dismay, they flew AWAY from me!!! Damn the wind!!! Damn the grey boring sky!!!







To make it worse, Darth Vader decided to take a rest during the evening. The Force was definitely not with him that day...



Well at least from my spot, I get to take some awesome reflections over the river when the balloon did the night glow session..





The highlight for the night was the fireworks session. The only regret was I didn't managed to frame the fireworks, buildings and the balloon together.







The fireworks was over in under 5mins, after waiting 4 hours....

Final shot of the mosque as I pack up and call it a day...

No comments:

Post a Comment