Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Super GT 2010: Day 1

19th June



There are some motorsports events that I wished to be able to cover at least once in my lifetime: F1, D1, MotoGP, WRC and Super GT. Thanks to some help and arrangement from friends, I manage to finally tick 1 off that list. Round 4 of the Super GT series took place from 18th to 20th June at the Sepang Circuit and I was there with a media pass.

Skipped the 18th as it was mostly practice session for the support races while the GT cars only went out on Saturday. So that's officially Day 1 for me. I arrived late at the the track with just minutes before the start of Practice 1 so I walked over to Turn 4 and Turn 5 from the parking lot and started shooting.



The new Honda HSV 010: A beautiful car indeed. It also marks the end of NSX in the Super GT series.


After the end of Practice 1, we hitched a ride on the Media Shuttle back to the Paddock and pay the pit a visit. I was surprised to see this logo on the pit board. EVA rocks!!


Matching color scheme on the bodywork on the GT car.


A well known name in the GT series..


Crew members hard at work, oblivious to the crowd outside..






Highlights of the Super GT: Appearance of the GT Queens!!










Hey, that's a Sony!!


After the pit session, it was time for a quick lunch followed by the Qualifying session. Went over to Turn 14 where a friend served me some heavy duty gear poison: D2Xs, D3s, 70~200mm f2.8 and the superb 300mm f2.8... I absolutely fell in the love with the 300mm. The speed and the sharpness was mouth watering!! Luckily I can't afford the thing so I'm gonna just put in there in my wishlist..














After Q1, it was a 1 hour break before the Q2 Super Laps were the 8 fastest cars from each class go out for another run to determine their starting grid position.




CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R driven by Tsugio Matsuda and Ronnie Quintarelli took pole for GT500 class with a best lap of 01:57.409


For GT300 class, JIMGAINER DIXCEL DUNLOP F430 took pole with a best time of 02:09.167


With the end of Q2, it was time to call it a day and prepare for Race Day..

No comments:

Post a Comment